Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Conversation: November 15, 2016 (There's a bug on your shirt!)

Mama: Hi Jasper.
Jasper: Hi. What are we doing today?
Mama: Well, I thought that we could have a conversation.
Jasper: What's a conversation? I burped.
Mama: A conversation is a time when I talk and then you talk and then I talk and we go back and forth talking, talking, talking!
Jasper: What does a cat do?
Mama: A cat is a furry animal that likes to chase toys and snuggle on the couch. We have three cats.
Jasper: Do you know a dog?
Mama: I know lots of dogs.

*pause*

Mama: Jasper, what did you do at school today?
Jasper: I played and played and played and played and played and played.
Mama: Oh. What sorts of things did you play?
Jasper: I played with JT and Finn.
Mama: What games did you play?
Jasper: I don't know.  Art and carpet toys.
Mama: Did you learn anything new today?
Jasper: Yes!
Mama: What did you learn?
Jasper: About turkeys!
Mama: Ooooh. I like turkeys. What do you know about turkeys?
Jasper: Eating turkeys!
Mama: Do you want to eat turkey?
Jasper: No thanks.
Mama: What kinds of food do you like?
Jasper: Cheese pizza, please.
Mama: Well. We aren't eating food right now, because we already had dinner. Maybe we can have cheese pizza another time.
Jasper: Um, fish sticks?
Mama: You like fish sticks, too?
Jasper: Yes.
Mama: What is your favorite thing to drink?
Jasper: Milk!
Mama: Oh, I like milk too. The milk we drink comes from cows.
Jasper: And we eat ice cream.
Mama: That's right, we like ice cream too.
Jasper: Um, okay. Let's pretend to be chickens.
Mama: Bwaaaaaaaaaaaak buk buk buk buk buk
Jasper: I changed my mind. Stand up.
Mama: *stands up*
Jasper: Now I changed my mind. Sit down.
Mama: *sits down*
Jasper: Now I changed my mind again! Stand up!
Mama: No. I'm not standing up again.
Jasper: Are you ready? Let's pretend. Pretend there is a bug on your nose. Wiggle it off!
Mama: *wiggles nose*
Jasper: Wiggle it off and laugh!
Mama: *wiggles nose and laughs loudly*
Jasper: That tiny fox! The tiny bug flew in your mouth! Blow it!
Mama: *blech blech*
Jasper: BLOW IT!
Mama: *blows*
Jasper: Blow it harder!
Mama: *BLOWWWWWWWWWWW*
Jasper: Wait! That tiny tickly bug is on your shirt!
Mama: *screams*
Jasper: The only way to get it off is to do the chicken dance!
Mama: Seriously? You want me to do the chicken dance?
Jasper: Yes. Say buk buk buk buk buk!
Mama: *sings and dances the chicken dance*
Jasper: DANCE FASTER!!!
Mama: *dances super fast*
Jasper: THE TINY WIGGLY BUG IS STUCK ON YOUR SHIRT!  Don't worry. Pretend there's a giant hungry frog it can eat the tiny tickly bug stuck on your shirt. GRIBBIT! RIBBIT!  Uh oh... there really IS A GIANT HUNGRY FROG! Scare him away!
Mama: How?
Jasper: Because you have to scare him away!
Mama: But how can I scare him?
Jasper: You have to scare him like a scary face!
Mama: *makes scary face* LIKE THIS?!?!
Jasper: *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment