Saturday, May 28, 2016

Conversation: May 28, 2016

Mama: Jasper, what should we talk about?
Jasper: Um, Miss Tiffany.
Mama: What about her?
Jasper: Um, she talk.
Mama: She talk?
Jasper: Yes!
MamaWhat did you do today?
Jasper: Um, play!
Mama: What did you play with?
Jasper: Um, play!
Mama: Right, but what did you play with?
Jasper: Oh. A monster carrot.
MamaA monster carrot?  Wow. I did not see a monster carrot today at our house.  Where did you find a monster carrot?
Jasper: Hmm. [something something] monster carrot!!
Mommy: (to Mama) Oh, you remember, it's on that little short movie, with the zombie carrot.
Jasper: THAT'S RIGHT!
Mama: Ooookay.  Let's talk about the sprinkler. Did you have fun with the sprinkler?
Jasper: Yes! By run.
MamaYou ran?
Jasper: I run! Yes.
MamaWhat else? What else did you do with the sprinkler?
Jasper: I run the sprinkler! And I run the water! Yes.
MamaWhere were we playing with the sprinkler?
Jasper: Hmm. Whoa. That was a nice one. NO. (laughs) OH. NO LADY. What? Ummmmmmmmmmm.... A carrot?

(At this point I realized he was just reading what I was typing, so I changed the topic.)

Mama: Hey, what did you eat for dinner tonight?
Jasper: Hmmm. A tater tot!
Mama: You had that for lunch. What did you have for dinner?
Jasper: OH! I remembered a clue! Umm... something... with dinner...
Mama: What did you have for dinner?
Jasper: I have corn dog bites! And tater tot! And rice!
Mama: Okay. You DID have tater tots, but that was in your tater tot casserole at lunchtime.  At dinner you did not have corn dog bites, you had a HOT dog, and rice.  Did you like the rice? You have never eaten just rice before.
Jasper: Yes!

Proof of this kid eating rice voluntarily.
Shirt says: Party Never, Read Forever


Mama: What did you have to drink?
Jasper: I drink juice!
MamaYeah, you had the flavored water juice you like.
Jasper: Oh. He has no way.
Mama: What does that mean?
Jasper: Hmmm. It's a monster. Whoa. That's a witch. Yes! That's the witch we need. WATCH OUT! It's a VAMPIRE!  Yes. It's a ghost.
Mama: Are you talking about a youtube video that you like?
Jasper: Yes. I like videos!

Monster Slippers
Later he came back in the room humming the Imperial March.

MamaWhat slippers are you wearing right now?
Jasper: I wearing Monsters Inc! I'm wearing Monsters Inc. slippers!
Mama: What color are they?
Jasper: They are green! And they are brown! Someone else is coming!  It's black! What you talk about? Well, that was nice monster machines. Whoa. Thanks for your help. NO PROBLEM!  I did another clue! (coughs) Another blig blocks? And another blink box? WHAT IS GOING ON? All aboard! Alvin! Cowboy! Gogo! I need your help! Did you get slime boxes?

(Here he started reciting whatever show he was talking about so fast I lost track)

Mama: Okay, are we done?
Jasper: Yes.
Mama: Did you have a good day?
Jasper: Yeah.
Mama: Are you ready for bed?
Jasper: NO. We just watching.
MamaWhat are you watching?
Jasper: I'm watching Monsters Inc. Whoa, that wasn't Monsters Inc. UH OH, what's happening here? Hmm.. It's a.... Mr. Violet!
Mama: Okay, get out of here! Gimme a kiss!

(He kisses me on both cheeks, then says, "Mwah, Mwah, Nice to SEE you!" and runs away, presumably to find the Monsters Inc DVD and play it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment